Mario R. Tredici is a full professor of Microbiology at the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Florence (Italy). He coordinates a group of young researchers at the Department of Agricultural Biotechnology of Florence on photobioreactor development and microalgae culture for food, feed and biofuel applications.
He is also the President of the EABA (European Algae Biomass Association).
Currently he collaborates with ENEL SpA and Eni SpA (Italy) on renewable fuel production and CO2 biofixation through microalgae.
He co-founded Fotosintetica & Microbiologica Srl in 2004, a spin-off company of the University of Florence.
Other organisations that he’s involved with include:
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of Aurora Algae (USA)
- Member of the Technical Advisory Panel of the Algae Biofuels Challenge launched by Carbon Trust (UK)
- Scientific coordinator of the EU projects AQUAFUELS (Algae and aquatic biomass for a sustainable production of 2nd generation biofuels)
- Scientific coordinator of BIOFAT (Biofuel From Algae Technologies, in the Topic Energy 2010.3.4 of the 7th FP)
- Scientific coordinator of the Italian project MAMBO (MicroAlgae, starting Material for BioOil)
- Technical advisor of the “International Network on Biofixation of CO2 and Greenhouse Gas Abatement with Microalgae”
- Consultant for the Hawaii Natural Energy Institute
- Consultant for the International Energy Agency
- Member of the “Biodiversity and Environment Expert Group” of the ESFRI (European Strategy Forum for Research Infrastructures)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the European Society of Microalgal Biotechnology
- Member of the Algae Biomass Organization (ABO, USA)
- Member of the International Society of Applied Phycology (ISAP) – was President from 2002 to 2005.
3rd Algae World Europe 2011 Madrid Speaker
Day 1 – Monday, May 16
11:50 Algae Fuel: Can it Contribute to the Energy Challenges Confronting Europe?
14:00 Chairman’s Remarks
3RD ALGAE WORLD EUROPE 2011 is a conference dedicated towards providing objective insights on the commercialization of Algae Biofuels, as well the latest advances and constraints in Algae cultivation, harvesting & processing. To find more about 3rd Algae World Europe in Madrid from May 16 to 17, 2011, please visit http://www.futureenergyevents.com/algae/.